I am a Senior Lecturer in the School of Computing at University of Portsmouth. I am Course Leader for BSc (Hons) Web Technologies, I supervise postrgraduate research and teach undergraduates. My current teaching units are Web Research, Web Programming and Web Foundations 1. I also have also taught on Introduction to Programming, Software Engineering Team Project, and Web Authoring and Design units.
My academic and research interests involve the application of contemporary software architectures to novel and traditional problems.
I'm interested in questions like…
- What problems can we solve today that we could not solve before?
- What solutions can we improve upon?
- What do we need to understand in order to do it well?
- What new problems do we create as a result, and what opportunities arise?
About These Pages
Students are the main audience of this site. Herein you'll find slides, notes and other resources from lectures, classes and talks - there's a link to these in the shortcuts menu.
If you need to meet with me outside scheduled teaching times, this might help…
- Project Students
You should schedule a meeting here. When you arrive, I expect you to have an agenda (alt) - it's a meeting not a chat.
- Personal Tutees
- Time is reserved for you between 12-1 every Wednesday, or drop in as necessary.
- Other Students
- The best time to catch me is after a lecture. I always include time for questions and prefer you to ask with the group so everyone can benefit from the discussion.
- Other Staff
- Drop in for a brew.
- Please contact the Secretary to the Head of School by email or telephone 023 9284 6412 for comment or to arrange interviews.
Dr Richard BoakesSchool of ComputingUniversity of PortsmouthBuckingham Building 1.13Lion TerracePortsmouth, UKPO1 3HE
- +44 23 9284 6420
- See how we're connected.